Friday, July 31, 2009

Getting ready for a new school year

It has been busy for me these last 2 months. I am putting all 36 weeks of school together. What a task. I have a curriculum that really, I can pick up and go. I wanted to add more and make it more meaningful for Bug. Granted, I usually have to tweak just about everything for Bug to fit her needs.
I figured with me having the baby and her older sister that I watch it would be so much easier to be more prepared. The baby is now 4 months old! How they grow so fast. This year, I am going to sit down more with Little Man and Sierra and work on writing and all that fun stuff for 3-4 year old.
I have put the crafts together that I needed. Last year, I had so many things that I wanted to do and well I just wasn't prepared and we just didn't do it. I have even put together 3 lapbooks all by myself. This is a first. Well kinda, Last year I only did 2 one was from Homeschool shares and the other I made up on skip counting. One of the lapbooks is based off First Language lessons, another one is on archaeology and the last one is a mix of Homeschool shares and my own dabbling on lady bugs. I already know that there are 2 more on Homeschool shares that are based off of the books we are going to read this year. I just need to look at them more closely to see if they will work for Bug. I have a few more planned or should I say want to make. Little Man loves Diego and he hates to sit to learn counting and ABC. So, I hope to make one for Diego learning to count and maybe Spiderman or Thomas the Train learns his ABC.

I just have to finish looking at my Sonlight books to see if I want to add anything to them. Then, I'll look over science. I think I am going to do some notebooking for science this year. I am going to keep it real simple since writing is hard for Bug. Maybe, print some stuff of Enchanted learning. Then I am going to get Canteering the country ready. I still have not decided how often I will do this one.
I even made a list of things I will need and which week. I feel organized but, we will see how that goes.
I have been doing some school this summer. Just reading, writing and math. I had planned on doing some lapbooks. I was not prepared. LOL! I wanted to do one on dandelions, Bug's favorite since she could walk. We still a month left. Maybe, we can do some things here soon.
The kids just finished swimming lessons and VBS. I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped to these last 2 weeks. I have until September. Hopefully, I will finish everything. I think next year it will go quicker putting everything together.
I am just grateful to be able to homeschool my children and to watch them blossom in God's abundent love and to see them grow in His ways and academically. Yesterday, I had to run upstairs to make a bottle and I heard Little Man praying for Sierra because she hit her head. It made me praise the Lord to be able to hear that. Being home with them I get to watch them grow in so many ways and for that I am so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. We are so blessed to have you in our lives. Sierra has thrived under your care, as I know Jenna will too. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We can't say it enough.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP