Wednesday, October 29, 2014

NKJV Study Bible Full-Color Edition Book Review

The NKJV Study Bible : Full-Color Edition, Thomas Nelson

The NKJV Study Bible, the most comprehensive study Bible available, now in a full-color edition with added features! The acclaimed NKJV Study Bible is the most complete study system for all who desire accurate study in God’s Word. The Second Edition includes more features to make it the best all-purpose study Bible. Using the trusted New King James Version, The NKJV Study Bible has “the mind of a scholar and the heart of a pastor.” Nelson's skilled team of scholars has produced the system to reach for when study in God’s Word is the goal.

Features include:

NEW attractive new full-color page design
NEW stunning Bible-land photos and graphics
NEW in-text maps and charts 
Full cross-references with textual notes
Word studies and indexes
Bible Times and Culture Notes
Book introductions, outlines, and timelines
Reader-friendly notes and articles ideal for extended study
Deluxe NKJV Concordance including proper names

My Thoughts:

With all the Bibles out there it is hard to choose one to fit your own learning style. When I received the NKJV Study Bible Full-Color Edition I pleased with the layout and all the features of this Bible.

The NKJV Study Bible Full-Color Edition is a hardback Bible with a nice simple dust jacket on it. It has 2,360 pages. This is a very large Bible in fact I don’t think I have ever had a Bible with this many pages in it. This will most likely be a Bible that I use for my home studying of the word.

There a lot of features that I appreciate when studying God’s word.

Pros:

* One is the middle column it has cross scripture references. I noticed lately that many of the current Bible editions have done away with this feature. I was glad to see it in this Bible.

*I like how the gospel references are put together or as they call it, “Harmony of the Gospels”. This is a graph that tells you the event, location, where it is located in each of the Gospels. Nice feature that comes in handy.

*There is a nice introduction for each chapter. The introduction may vary some from book to book. Overall it includes an outline, a little history setting of the author and time frame, timeline, Christ in the history, purpose, theology, and purpose and literary form.

*Colored maps within the chapter that pertain to the chapter and maps at the back of the Bible. I love the maps being right in front of me.
*It has the references to the Strong’s # but, you will still need a Strong’s book to look it up. I really like this feature.

*Commentary throughout the Bible on everything to having references to the Messiah, articles, Bible times and culture notes, diagrams, concordances, and much more.

I think you are getting a lot of nice features for the price of this Bible.
I am not fond of the print size as I am getting older but, considering how thick this Bible is already I think I can justify the font size. I am sure for most people the font size would be acceptable as it probably is an average font size for a Bible.

It doesn’t have Jesus’s words in red. I like having Jesus’s word in red. 

This is a nice study Bible I don’t agree with all the commentary but, I could say that with any Bible as its man’s opinions on God’s word. I really love the full color within the pages. I would highly recommend the NKJV Study Bible Full-Color Edition.

  

Disclosure of Material Connection: BookLook Bloggers-Thomas Nelson Publishers provided me this Book free as part of their book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have or my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP