Monday, November 9, 2015

Faith of Our Fathers DVD Review

Faith of Our Fathers DVD

John Paul and Wayne are two young men in search of their fathers.  Problem is...their fathers have been dead for 25 years.  Eddie and Steven are two young men in search of their sons...whom they've never met.  In 1969, Eddie and Steven are with their squad deep in the jungle of Vietnam on a five-day mission to retrieve fallen comrades.  They write letters to their wives, often mentioning their love for their sons, one, who is an infant and one yet to be born.  In 1994, John Paul and Wayne go on a five day road trip to the Vietnam Wall in Washington DC to see their fathers' names.  Along the way, reading those letters, they begin to get an understanding of who their fathers were and how they died.  Trials and mishaps, both funny and sad, complicate the road trip for the boys.  The horrors of war and the testing of faith manifest themselves for the young men in Vietnam.  Ultimately, in parallel stories - 25 years apart - the fathers and sons are bound together forever.  

My Thoughts:

Faith of our Fathers has a beautiful picture of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus. I was touched by the bond that the fathers Eddie and Steven formed in the Vietnam War. One had a strong relationship with the Lord and the other one was on a journey that leads him on the road of salvation. What a clear message that we don’t know when we will meet the creator of the universe face to face. I was brought to tears many times throughout.

John Paul and Wayne start out with a rocky relationship. Both of these young men are so different in so many ways. It makes it funny and it also has a few quirky parts. Both sons lost their father’s in the war. Each one is searching to know more about the men their fathers were. It’s life changing for both of them.

The film is rated PG-13 due to some war scenes and some violence. I would let my kids watch this as it’s you don’t see blood and gore. It’s extremely tasteful for the whole family. Some younger kids may get scared due to the war scenes.

My father served in Vietnam and I lost him at a very young age. I know that Vietnam changed him in so many ways. What a touching tribute to the men who lost their lives in this war. Very touching for the families who’s fathers gave their lives for this country.

This book has been provided to me by Flybye Promotions free of charge and in no way was I asked to give a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP