Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Giant Print Holy Bible, NIrV Book Review

 


We have a dear elderly friend who loves reading the Bible. Lately, reading as been more difficult for her. She didn’t need anything fancy but, just the word.

The NlrV Giant Print Holy Bible (Easy to Read) is just that. It has a hardback book with 2,358 pages. The Bible isn’t overly bulky as some giant print versions I have seen.

The font is 14-point type. Nothing fancy with the font type either and the coloring of the font is dark for those who need a larger print. It’s laid out in a single-column layout.

There is also a Bible Dictionary in the back. After the Bible Dictionary there are 150 Famous Bible Stories scriptures to make them easy to locate in the Bible. Cross scripture references or at the end of the scripture verse and not off to the side.

I was a bit confused on what NlrV version was. Which I found out that it is basically an NIV that is great for children, ESL readers, and the elderly. It uses shorter sentences and words that are simplified. There are no graphics or maps in this Bible.

I would like to see a margin on the pages for note taking. The words of Jesus aren’t in red which, I like.

I don’t get in the debate of the version as I think God’s Word is bigger than any version. So unless, you read Hebrew or Greek then it’s one of many versions of the Living Word that can penetrate a person’s heart and soul.

Disclosure of Material Connection: BookLook Bloggers-Thomas Nelson Publishers provided me this Book free as part of their book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have or my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP