Monday, November 2, 2015

The Kids Book of Devotions A 36-Day Adventure in God’s Word by Mark Littleton




 
The NIrV Kids’ Book of Devotions revised edition is a 365-day devotional helps children learn God’s word everyday through a scripture passage, short message and prayer.

Kids need God’s Word every day to get strong and to stay strong! The NIrV Kids' Book of Devotions, revised edition is a 365-day devotional and a perfect source of God’s Word. It includes: a scripture passage from the updated NirV translation, a short message kids can read for themselves, and a prayer all in themes that help them learn more about God and his world.

With a Scripture index to help readers find devotions about their favorite Bible passages, boys and girls will see that God’s Word is relevant to their lives whether they need guidance about school or salvation, friendship or family, fear or faith. Ultimately, they’ll see that God loves them and wants them to grow strong … every day.

My Thoughts:
 
As a mom I want my kids to dig into God’s word and spent time thinking about what they read in God’s word. I was pretty excited when The Kids Book of Devotions A 36-Day Adventure in God’s Word came available to review.

The devotional is attended for ages 7-11. This palm sized paperback book is 379 pages. The devotional is set up by date. So you start on the date you begin using it not the first page. Each day starts out with a scripture passage. Afterwards a short commentary on the scripture passage. Just remember that when you deal with commentary you sometimes deal with a person’s option of how they translate God’s word. For the most part I didn’t see anything that raised my flags overall. Not all I agreed with overall but, I think it’s a good way to take time to sit down and discuss the reading each day.

Each day covers only one page. They are short and make it more appealing to most children’s attention spans. This could be read by itself or can be used to dig deeper into God’s word.

Overall, this is a nice devotional for kids. I plan on letting my kids use this as part of their daily reading. I will read beforehand to see if the topic is something I want to discuss with them afterwards.

Disclosure of Material Connection: BookLook Bloggers- provided me this Book free as part of their book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have or my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP