Thursday, April 13, 2017

If I’m Found by Terri Blackstock Book Review

http://www.booklookbloggers.com/art/_240_360_Book.2225.cover.jpg

Casey Cox is still on the run, fleeing prosecution for a murder she didn’t commit. Dylan Roberts—her most relentless pursuer—is still on her trail, but his secret emails insist he knows the truth and wants to help her. He’s let her escape before when he had her in his grasp, but trust doesn’t come easily.

As Casey works to collect evidence about the real murderers, she stumbles on another unbearable injustice: an abused child and a suicidal man who’s also been falsely accused. Casey risks her own safety to right this wrong and protect the little girl from her tormenters. But doing so is risky and may result in her capture—and if she’s captured, she has no doubt she’ll be murdered before she ever steps foot in a jail cell.

My Thoughts:

This is the second book in the If I Run Series. I recommend you read the first book in the series first, If I Run. It would make a lot more sense and there is a lot of back story in the first book to fully appreciate the characters and the plot.
With much anticipation for this book I think I devoured this book in just a few days. Now, the long wait for the final book in March of 2018!

Terri Blackstock creates some wonderful Christian suspense books. They are so well written. Just like the first book in the series it is one of my favorites of her books.

The style of writing is unique from all of her other series. She writes the story from a first person pretense going back and forth with the main characters Casey and Dylan and a few of these chapters are devoted to Keegan the dirty detective who wants her found before she can uncover his crimes. I have read books in the first person pretense before and I was disappointed. Terri Blackstock pulled it off and it worked beautifully.

The plot, suspense, characters, makes for a fast read. Even some of the smaller plots going on around the main event tug at your heart. Part of me wanted to yell at Casey for getting herself involved again in other peoples’ lives while she should be staying under the radar. It’s a page turner.

One surprise I didn’t see coming was Dylan and Casey and what happened when they meet in person finally. It was a nice touch. All the characters tug at your heart. They are very realistic.

The ending is a complete cliff hanger and the suspense of waiting for the next book March 2018-If I Live. That’s a year of waiting!!!!!

Terri thank you for an amazing story-you have outdone yourself again. I can’t wait for the next story in this sequel.

I received a free copy of this product from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. All opinions I have expressed are my own or those of my family. I am disclosing this information accordance with the FTC Regulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP