Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The NKJV Women's Study Bible Review




The Woman’s Study Bible poignantly reveals the Word of God to women, inviting them to receive God’s truth for balance, hope, and transformation.

Special features designed to speak to a woman’s heart appear throughout the Bible text, revealing Scripture-based insights about how godly womanhood grows from a woman’s identity as a Christ-follower and a child of the Kingdom.

Now with a beautiful full-color redesign, The Woman’s Study Bible reflects the contributions of over 80 women from a wide variety of ethnic, denominational, educational, and occupational backgrounds. Since the publication of the first edition of The Woman’s Study Bible under the editorial guidance of Dorothy Kelley Patterson and Rhonda Harrington Kelley, this landmark study Bible has sold over 1.5 million copies.

Features Include:
  • Beautiful full-color design throughout
  • Detailed biographical portraits of over 100 biblical women
  • Thousands of extensive verse-by-verse study notes
  • Over 300 in-text topical articles on relevant issues
  • Insightful essays by women who are recognized experts in the fields of theology, biblical studies, archaeology, and philosophy
  • Book introductions and outlines
  • Hundreds of full-color in-text maps, charts, timelines, and family trees
  • Quotes from godly women throughout history
  • Set of full-page maps of the biblical world
  • Topical index
  • Concordance
My Thoughts:



With the plethora of Bibles out on the market it’s absolutely mind boggling. Even on my own book shelf it’s filled with many different Bible types and versions. There are so many neat features that you may want for your studying God’s word. I feel blessed to have so many options to choose from.

 The NKJV Women's Study Bible has several cover options to choose from. I have an imitation leather cover it’s a 2 tones color in a rich brown and burgundy. The cover is soft to the touch. The top half of the cover has detailed flowers embossed into the cover. It’s very classy looking. 

 

The Bible is 10”x 7” and weights a little over 3 ½ #. The Bible comes with a ribbon bookmark. It’s a lovely full color Bible in rich colors throughout.

 

The binding looks well done and I don’t see any future issues of it coming apart. The Bible lies flat when open. The pages are gold gilded and a good page thickness. The font is easy on the eyes with an 11 point font. 

 

The first page of the Bible has a place for you put your name and date in it. Or if you’re giving it as a gift there is enough room for you to personalize it for someone special.

 

 The following page I had to take a double look at it to make sure I read it correctly. “The Ketubah Marriage Contract” Which is for you to fill out your personal information of your marriage. The Ketubah is what it says a marriage contract. Being a Torah Observant Believer in Yeshua (Jesus) it wasn’t something I expected to see in a Bible. Having seen many Jewish wedding ceremonies under the huppa this was a delightful surprise for me. The following page talks about what a Ketubah is and the Jewish Marriage practices.

 


There are also 2 pages for family history, 2 pages to record Special Family Memories, and a page dedicated for you to record My Spiritual Mothers.

 


There is a long list of women contributors to the Bible. Some names I recognize and others I don’t. It would be nice to have the page numbers of where they have written up articles in the Bible.

 


Next is a Content page that has the Books of the Bible with the page numbers to quickly turn to the pages.


The following pages have an introduction page talking about some features of the Bible followed by a preface page about the NKJV.


Next you have: Special Definitions and Abbreviations that you can refer to when you come across one of these abbreviations in the Bible.


The next few pages of the Bible are devoted to articles on women written by the contributors.


Each book of the Bible has an introduction page that has information on the author, date, background, themes, and an outline.
 
Throughout the Bible you will find several notes, quotes, charts, and even a few maps within the books of the Bible.  Many topics covered are those that women face. Some of the notes are pretty extensive and it’s actually pretty impressive.


The Appendix: Money and Measurement Table, Index, Concordance, and 8 full colored maps.


If I had to pick some of my favorite features of this Bible I have to admit that this is a hard one as it’s an impressive study Bible.  


Of course I loved the information about the Marriage Ketubah. They did a good and accurate job explaining this. 


I found several interesting charts in the book of Revelation from the significance of numbers in scriptures and colors in the Bible. Then they had an extensive chart on certain views from Millennial, Amillennial, Premillennial, and PostMillinial view points. It was interesting reading about these viewpoints side by side.


I spent a bit of time in Leviticus studying. There are two pages dedicated to the offerings in Leviticus which is explained well. I could actually name a several other interesting features of this Bible. 


One feature I would love to see a table index of the charts and study notes so I could flip to the pages quickly.


Overall, I think this is a wonderful Bible that I look forward to using for many years to come. 

I received a free copy of this product from Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. All opinions I have expressed are my own or those of my family. I am disclosing this information accordance with the FTC Regulations.
 
  https://promosimple.com/ps/b63e


One grand prize winner will receive:


Enter today by clicking the icon below, but hurry! The giveaway ends on April 27. The winner will be announced April 28 on the Litfuse blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP