Thursday, May 11, 2017

Upon a Spring Breeze by Kelly Irvin Book Review

http://www.booklookbloggers.com/art/_240_360_Book.2230.cover.jpg


After a devastating winter, a spring breeze promises more than new flowers.… It promises a new chance at love.

Bess Weaver, twenty and expecting her first child, is in the kitchen making stew for her beloved 
mann, Caleb, one minute, and the next she’s burying him after a tragic accident. Facing life as a young widow, Bess finds comfort only in tending the garden at an Englisch-owned bed and breakfast—even as she doubts that new growth could ever come after such a long winter.

Aidan tries to repress his guilt over his best friend Caleb’s death and his long-standing feelings for Bess by working harder than ever. But as he spends time with the young son his friend left behind, he seems to be growing closer to the boy’s beautiful mother as well.

When a close-knit group of widows in her Amish community step in to help Bess find her way back to hope, she begins to wonder if 
Gott has a future for her after all. Will she ever believe that life can still hold joy and the possibility of love? 

My Thoughts:

When I first picked up this book I thought that this was the first book that I have read by Kelly Irvin. After getting into the story I remembered several years ago reading, “The Beekeepers Son”. I noticed the authors writing style.

This story was a roller coaster of emotions. Such feelings in a story that is very realistic for a person like Bess to have to endure the loss of her husband and the birth of their new born baby.

Then there is Aidan which is Bess’s husband’s best friend. Aidan is going to honor his friends dying wish to take care of his bopli. He was such a patient and caring man helping Bess out.

Don’t worry you won’t have to have a box of tissues with you for the whole story. The story turns to hope and trusting in God in all situations in our lives. Bess struggles with her faith, depression, and dealing with a new born.

The characters are all interesting. This was a page turner that left me wanting more when the story ended.

I received a free copy of this product from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. All opinions I have expressed are my own or those of my family. I am disclosing this information accordance with the FTC Regulations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP