Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy one year blogging anniversery to me!

It has been one year this month since I began blogging. I have enjoyed it a lot. It has been a wonderful way to meet others that have the same hopes, even the same challenges, who have a love of homeschooling and who can just relate to who you are. I have meet many new friends and have had a chance to share our little homeschool and our life with others. It has been away to keep family and friends up to date on the events that are going on. I was a little late getting on the blogging wagon. My next adventure may be to join Facebook and Twitter. I am sure by that time they will be old news and it will be something new. I am always a step or two behind.

I had hoped to do a new makeover on my blog page. I wanted to figure out how to do three columns and how to add tabs and even how to do a blog button. Just organizing my little part of the cyber world to fit my needs and personality. I wanted a complete new look.

So what happened! I tried and I just could not understand all "the how to pages" that I read! Sigh-I tried. I don’t consider myself computer illiterate. I can fix most problems on our computer and get around fairly easy on them. I think I have a blogging fear of making such a mess that I will not be able to fix it. I honestly did try and yes I was able to undo my messes. At this point, I either need someone to hold my hand and show me or just have someone do it for me. I know once I figure it out it will be easy and I will feel rather silly. Yes, I felt a little defeated and maybe this summer when we are not so busy and our homeschool is on the summer school schedule I will try again. On the bright side I have figured out how to add blinkies, banners and even pictures.

Here is my blog facelift I have changed over from butterflies to stripes and flowers. Happy one year blogging  anniversary to me! Have a wonderful day. May the Lord bless and keep you.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Renee,
    Just a thought... create a second blog to play around with styles etc. so you can mess it up without fear of losing stuff. Once you figure it out, do your main blog. I found some cool templates for free online. Google "free blogspot templates." (www.btemplates.com is one of them that has many of them.)You just download them, then upload them on your "layout/edit html" page. Pretty simple... let me know if you need help.
    Rick in NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversary!

    Blogger's code can be confusing. Always save a backup of your code before you start toying with it. And then, yes, create a test blog to try things out on so you don't mess up the one you care about. [smile]

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done the edit/layout html to get the last templates I have done. So now I am wondering if it's not the design of the templates I tried or they are not just made for what I was looking for. Maybe I need to broaden my horizon on another site. I will look at the one you suggested Rick after I create a test blog. If I can't figure it out I may have to take you up on your offer Rick! Maybe I will email you some blogs sites I have seen and you can direct me.
    I like the idea of a test blog-would of never thought of that. Thanks I will play around with that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP