Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Recipe July Blogging Challenge Day 8

The blogging challenge for today is a special recipe to share.  I have lots of special recipes but, I think I've shared them on my blog before. I decided to try one that I tried recently.

I've been trying to cook with more honey lately. Considering that I have honey in several 5 gallon buckets! Not a bad thing to have that much honey around. Thanks to the beehives in the backyard I can explore lots of cooking with honey.

Honey Krispie Bars

3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
3 1/2 cups of cereal (like-Rice Krispies,  Special K, Cheerios)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Bring honey and peanut butter to just under a a boil. Remove from head and add vanilla & cereal together. Mix it well. 

Pack into an ungreased 9x9 pan. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together and spread over the bars. Let cool and enjoy!

What's a special recipe that has been a winner in your home lately?

 http://www.glimpseofourlife.com/2015/07/10-july-blogging-challenge-day-6.html

2 comments:

  1. Those do sound good. Honey and peanut butter are a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Wonder if almond butter would substitute well. These sounds so good we may just have to try them. - Lori

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitors

Stats

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Detection

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP