Food Triggers by Amber Lia Book Review
How do we manage those unruly portions at restaurants? Why are we eating leftovers from our kids' plates? How do we stop boredom munchies? Certified health coach Amber Lia exposes 31 common food struggles and offers solutions to unhealthy eating habits, so you can break free from the cycle of reactionary eating and shame and walk in victory.
My Thoughts:
Eating unhealthy is so easy to do with our busy lives and Western diet. Trying to create healthy eating habits can be difficult and confusing. Going to the grocery store, diet fads, going out to eat, and even all the ads make food tempting to just make a quick and easy choice to our meals and snacking.
The book has three sections External Triggers, Internal Triggers, and The Journey Continues. Each topic in the sections can easily be read in a short sitting. This comes from a Christian Worldview with daily prayer at the forefront.
She explores several areas: When You Feel Defeated Before You Start, When Community Means Foods, When You Feed Your Emotions, When You Are Stressed, and other topics that are common when trying to control your Food Triggers.
She
explores a lot of being good stewards of our bodies and that it takes spiritual
discipline. She also says that our spiritual growth has a connection with what
we eat.
There is a lot of good information within this book I agree with. Other things I wasn’t impressed with. I agree that we should take care of our bodies and watch what we eat but your eating habits don’t make you being on the outside of God’s plan for your life and other things mentioned (page 21) Yes, it takes self-control and discipline. Does it mean I’m sinful because of my food choices? So several things I can agree to disagree on and the other parts are pretty good.
Disclosure: I received this complimentary product through Bethany House
Publishers in exchange for
my honest thoughts.
Search This Blog
Grab my button!
Followers
Homeschool Planet
Popular Posts
-
We are at the second letter in the alphabet. I must confess that for this letter my first thought was…. B is for Bee. I...
-
This is my first time to try and blog through the alphabet. All kinds of amazing words start with the letter A. For some reason I keep comi...
-
Another week of Blogging Through the Alphabet. This week it's the letter C. I have to say that this wasn't my original post that ...
-
About the Book Boo k: Miriam’s Little Gentleman (The Heart of the Amish Book 13) Author: Anne Blackburne Genre: Amish/Christian Fiction Rele...
-
We are learning about the Viking in our history studies. What better way the enhance the learning by adding a craft to the mix. With my kid...









0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog.