Are you ready for a treat? This is a wonderful recipe I found a few years back that is one of my favorites.
- 1 cup - honey
- 1/2 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 1 can (16 oz.) - solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 - eggs
- 4 cups - flour
- 4 teaspoons - baking powder
- 2 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons - ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1 teaspoon - salt
- 1 teaspoon - ground nutmeg
DirectionsIn large bowl, cream honey with the butter until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin and beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly mixed. Mix together remaining ingredients. Stir into pumpkin mixture. Divide batter equally between two well-greased 9 x5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let loaves cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove loaves and allow to finish cooling on racks.